Ingredients for yeast dough:
Flour – 200 g + 1 tbsp. l
Warm milk – 60 ml + 3 tbsp. l
Melted butter – 50 g
Egg yolks – 2 pcs.
Fresh Yeast – 15 g
Sugar + 1 tsp. – 2 tbsp. l
Salt – 1/4 tsp.
Rum – 1.5 Art. l
Seeds of one vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
on poppy filling:
Dry poppy – 160 g
Light brown sugar — 50 g
Raisin – 30 g
Walnuts, finely chopped – 30 g
Honey – 1 tbsp. l
Almond extract or almond flavor – 1 tsp.
Cinnamon – 1 tsp.
Butter room temperature – 1 tbsp. l
Candied – 30 g
Protein – 2 pcs.
on the icing:
Sugar powder – 0.5 tbsp.
Water – 3 tbsp. l
1. Yeast mixed with 1 tbsp. l flour, 3 tbsp. milk and 1 tsp. sugar, mix well, cover with a towel and leave for 15 minutes.
2. After the time, add the yeast and the rest of the ingredients, except butter, to the flour and knead the dough, at the end add the melted butter.
3. Make a ball of dough, put it in a bowl, greased with vegetable oil, cover with a towel. Allow to rise in a warm place. The dough should double in volume – from 1 to 1.5 hours.
4. Poppy boil in 0.5 liters of boiling water until the liquid evaporates, let cool and grind in a meat grinder (I made a blender, since there is no such). Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Squirrel whip in a strong foam and gently enter in the poppy filling.
5. Roll out the yeast dough into a rectangle about 3 mm thick, distribute the poppy filling, leaving about 2 cm from each edge.
6. Wrap the roll, well tweak the edges and tips.
7. Wrap the roll in baking paper, but not very tightly, and the oven in a preheated 180 degree oven 30-40 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, free from paper and pour hot with glaze.
Post Staropolsky recipe for the most delicious poppy seed roll appeared first on.
Categories: Light Snack