Take in the piggy bank of recipes!
Mutton (pulp) – 750 g
Lard (fat tail, optional) – 100–150 g
Rice (medium grain) – to taste
Carrots – 3-4 pieces.
Onions – 2-3 pcs.
Garlic – 2-3 heads
Pepper (red or green) – 1-3 pcs.
Vegetable oil – 150 g
Salt – to taste
Zira (cumin) – to taste
Barberry (optional) – to taste
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Carrots cut into long strips, onions – half rings. Helpful advice! Pilaf will be tastier if carrots are cut by hand, without the help of a grater or a food processor. Wash rice thoroughly. Soak it in cold water for 15 minutes. Mutton pulp cut into small pieces of 3.5–5 cm. Pour butter into the pan-wok, heat it well. Cut the onion in half, put it in the frying pan. Onions remove from the pan. In the same oil, fry the meat until golden brown, then transfer it to a separate bowl.
3. Fry the chopped onion in a pan until golden brown. Add carrots to it and cook until ready (7–8 minutes).
4. Add fried meat. Insert 2 heads of garlic into the center of the mixture, add spices.
5. Pour rice into the rest of the ingredients. Pour 0.5 cm of water above the rice level. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, close the lid and cook for 30 minutes.
6. Traditional pilau serving – in the pot where it was cooked.
Categories: Light Snack