Cabbage is a familiar vegetable. And yet, it is unlikely that you knew that cabbage is treated for baldness, headache and melancholy. It will also help with the removal of toxins from the body and the painting of Easter eggs. And it’s not worth talking about the delicious cabbage dishes, you have to cook and eat them!
We tell interesting facts about cabbage.
1. The largest cabbage eaters live in Russia. Here, a person on average consumes about 20 kg of cabbage per year. And the largest suppliers of cabbage in the world are China and India.
2. Cabbage instead of a pill of vitamins. For successful growth, cabbage needs a lot of water and nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. That is why the vegetable itself is a rich source of vitamins C, K, B6 and B9, and minerals such as manganese and potassium.
3. Against baldness. In ancient China, cabbage leaves were used as an elixir for male pattern baldness. Well, the cabbage leaves on the head instead of the hat are original. Go for it!
4. Down with the toxins! The most common cabbage contains a high concentration of vitamin C, so it is able to remove toxins from the body, and also prevents arthritis and rheumatism.
- white cabbage – 3 kg;
- carrots – 1 pc.;
- salt – 100 g;
- sugar – 75 g;
- bay leaf – 2 pcs.;
- black pepper to taste.
Boil a liter of water, add salt and spices, cool.
Grate the carrots on a fine grater, chop the cabbage finely. Mix carrots and cabbage. Pour the cooled brine into a three-liter jar and tamp the cabbage inside. Add pepper and bay leaves, leave to brew in a warm place for 3 days.
5. The most budgetary way to become beautiful! The high sulfur content in cabbage contributes to the production of keratin with its regular use. And this, in turn, helps to keep hair, skin and nails in excellent condition. I remember once in the courtyard the older girls joked that breasts also grow from cabbage (the best result is achieved if you rub the chest area with a woolen hat)!
6. Minus 5 years! Cabbage juice can be used instead of tonic, anti-aging effect is guaranteed!
Pies with cabbage
- fresh yeast – 25 g;
- sugar – 1 tsp;
- salt – a couple of pinches;
- warm water – 250 ml:
- vinegar 9 percent – 1 tsp;
- flour – 5 glasses;
- average head of cabbage;
- vegetable oil.
First, prepare the filling for the pies. Peel and rinse the vegetables. Grate the carrots, chop the onions into thin half rings, chop the cabbage.
In a large frying pan over medium heat in vegetable oil (3 tbsp. L.), Fry the onions and carrots until soft, add chopped cabbage, a pinch of salt and sugar, if you want, a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste, and simmer over low heat until cooked. All this will take about 20 minutes.
Let's do the test. In a large bowl, put the yeast, a spoonful of sugar, a pinch of salt, beat the egg. Pour a glass of warm water, vinegar, mix everything until dissolved. Gradually add the sifted flour in portions. The dough should be soft. Knead the dough with oiled hands. Leave the finished dough for 20 minutes. During this time, stewed cabbage also cools slightly.
On a greased table, slightly roll a lump of dough, in the center put a spoonful of filling and tighten the edges firmly. Do this with all the dough and toppings, and then leave for 10 minutes.
It remains only to bake or fry the pies in deep fat or a high frying pan in oil. We bake at a temperature of 180 degrees until golden brown, but it is necessary to fry over low heat, periodically turning over.
7. The medicine. Raw cabbage juice helps with stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers, removes bad cholesterol and saves you from migraines.
8. Paints eggs in blue. Red cabbage is an excellent natural colorant. A decoction of red cabbage leaves can be used to paint Easter eggs in blue.
9. What kind of cabbage is eaten in the world. The most popular varieties of cabbage are Savoy, green, red and white cabbage, which differ in color, shape and size of the leaves. In general, there are over 400 varieties of cabbage.
10. On which bed do you have the Dietmacher Freyer hiding here? "Dietmarsher Fruyer" – an excellent variety of cabbage for pickling. Like "Polar", "Lesya", "Golden Hectare". But the grade of "Acephalus" does not seem to be distinguished from a rose!
11. Let's have a little fun! Cabbages, which are now called amateur theater performances, are actually funny autumn festivities that began in Russia after harvesting cabbage for the winter, after the feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
Ingredients (for 4 liters of water):
- beef on the bone – 1 kg (more can be);
- sauerkraut – 600 g;
- large onion;
- potatoes – 6-7 pcs.;
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt, bay leaf, peppercorns, ground black pepper, parsley root – to taste;
- vegetable oil – 3 tbsp. l
Put the beef and spices in a large saucepan, pour 4 liters of water and boil the broth. Salt the broth at the end! But before boiling with a slotted spoon, remove the scum. Cook the broth for 2 hours at a slow boil.
After 2 hours, chop the peeled onions and carrots, cut the onions into thin half rings, grate the carrots. Fry vegetables in a pan in vegetable oil until soft over medium heat. At the end of cooking, add the tomato paste and mix. Turn off the stove.
In the pan to the finished meat add chopped peeled potatoes and sauerkraut, cut in large pieces, cook for half an hour. Then add the fry, boil for a couple of minutes and turn it off. Serve cabbage soup with sour cream and brown bread. Have a nice day!
What do you know about cabbage? Tell us in the comments!
Categories: Diet recipes