The other day I was preparing a tasty and healthy dish, a dish of pearl barley. I love her very much and try to instill love for this mess with my husband.
I have long known that such cereals are very useful, and when I read about its properties on the Internet I fell in love even more.
You will need:
– 1.5 cups pearl barley
– 400 g beef
– 200 g of champignon
– 100 g of green peas
– 1 large onion
– 1 carrot
– salt, pepper, spices to taste
– cooking oil for frying
How to cook:
1. Cut the meat into portions and fry until golden brown in vegetable oil. Salt, pepper, add spices to taste. Add water and simmer until cooked (it took me 40 minutes).
2. Rinse the mushrooms, cut into 4 parts and add to the meat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Dice the carrots and dice the onions. Add vegetables to meat and mushrooms, simmer for 10 minutes under the lid closed.
4. When the vegetables are soft add the peas (after defrosting it) and cook for no more than 2 minutes.
5. Wash pearl barley and soak in plenty of water overnight. In the morning, drain the water, rinse again and boil the barley until ready in salted water. When the barley is ready, drain the water and wrap the pan with a blanket, then it will all open and be very soft and beautiful.
6. To the pearl barley add vegetables and mushrooms. Mix gently, hold on the fire for 1-2 minutes and serve.
Post Barley porridge with meat, mushrooms and vegetables appeared first on.
Categories: Cooking recipe